Pacific Dawn

Stranger

I hired this boat for a week in October 2009. Pacific Cruisers hadn't owned it long. The boat handled well and the bow thrusters made mooring really easy. Myself and my partner and my parents were onboard and there was enough space for us. Also the heater ead excellent, just a little noisy. Only downside and area of disssappointment was cleanliness, especially as I had read such good reviews about the yard. The boat wad filthy, especially the curtains and around the windows , and the seating wad very smelly so had to be sprayed daily with fabreeze. Worse though was the infestation of flies which we had to desk with for the first half of the week, coming up from underneath the seating area. Needless to say when the body wad handed back it tad been pretty much cleaned from too to bottom and looked much better. Richard from the yard did mention that he had plans for new flooring throughout which would be a big improvement. I would hire the same kind of boat again but not from Pacific, would probably go to Richardsons. I did look at two I'd their other boats, a great big one that wad even filthier and a little green one which was really nicely fitted out and looked clean.

I hired this boat for a week in October 2009. Pacific Cruisers hadn't owned it long. The boat handled well and the bow thrusters made mooring really easy. Myself and my partner and my parents were onboard and there was enough space for us. Also the heater ead excellent, just a little noisy. Only downside and area of disssappointment was cleanliness, especially as I had read such good reviews about the yard. The boat wad filthy, especially the curtains and around the windows , and the seating wad very smelly so had to be sprayed daily with fabreeze. Worse though was the infestation of flies which we had to desk with for the first half of the week, coming up from underneath the seating area. Needless to say when the body wad handed back it tad been pretty much cleaned from too to bottom and looked much better. Richard from the yard did mention that he had plans for new flooring throughout which would be a big improvement. I would hire the same kind of boat again but not from Pacific, would probably go to Richardsons. I did look at two I'd their other boats, a great big one that wad even filthier and a little green one which was really nicely fitted out and looked clean.

Just had to look at my keyboard to see if some of the keys had moved :wave

Showing my age - here's the Pacific Dawn I once hired http://www.horning.org.uk/boatsearch.ph ... current=no

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Mike, you should have complained about it before you left the yard, and on return when the boat was much cleaner, handed them a request for payment for nessecary cleaning items, plus a reasonable charge for time incurred. Then when they look at you in disbelief, tell them to pay up within 10 working days, or they will incurr interest. I`d considered hiring from pacific myself, as like you i`d read good reports about them, but if they hand over a dirty boat, i`d certainly be asking for a partial refund, or better still, tell them you`re disgusted and ask them to find a replacement to AT LEAST the same size spec and value, and even from another yard if they have to. The boats ALWAYS look great in their website pictures, but if you`ve been looking at their site for several years and the piccy`s have`nt changed, it`s possible the boat could turn out quite shabby. Whenever we`ve been with Maffett cruisers, their boats are ALWAYS spotlessly clean inside and out, and their prices are MORE than competative. Regards ........ Neil.

Hi Mike, you should have complained about it before you left the yard, and on return when the boat was much cleaner, handed them a request for payment for nessecary cleaning items, plus a reasonable charge for time incurred. Then when they look at you in disbelief, tell them to pay up within 10 working days, or they will incurr interest. I`d considered hiring from pacific myself, as like you i`d read good reports about them, but if they hand over a dirty boat, i`d certainly be asking for a partial refund, or better still, tell them you`re disgusted and ask them to find a replacement to AT LEAST the same size spec and value, and even from another yard if they have to. The boats ALWAYS look great in their website pictures, but if you`ve been looking at their site for several years and the piccy`s have`nt changed, it`s possible the boat could turn out quite shabby. Whenever we`ve been with Maffett cruisers, their boats are ALWAYS spotlessly clean inside and out, and their prices are MORE than competative. Regards ........ Neil.

To be fair to the yard she looked clean enough when we got onboard, we even watched them giving her a wipe around when we first arrived, just things like the curtains not being filthy or the seating not smelling, or around the windows not being really dirty would have made a huge difference. Perhaps if we hadn't arrived at the yard early she might of had a more thorough cleaning? Also, it was towards the end of the season so maybe earlier in the season she would have been much cleaner.

I really don't want to put people off using Pacific, as I mentioned before their little green boat looked really clean, I am just giving an account of what I found on the occasion I hired from them. Also this was at the end of 2009 so the boat could have had improvements made in the last year.

• 2 weeks later...

well we went down and first call was at Richardsons to have a look at Rhapsody we drove up to Kingfisher and the quey heading was like a dumping ground im sorry to say Clive boats out of the water all over no staff about and only peeps we saw were at the wet shed where all those lovely woodies are dream dream Looked like Griff was down as his van was outside so we decided to go book our usual boat with Martham which we did for the 30th April for the week so will be down that week if any of youlucky people are around