cleaning boats

Guest Jonny

a little question for people

when cleaning there boats do they use Eco stuff that doesn't harm the wildlife... which product & where from.....

plus do yards think of this when cleaning the outside of there boats on change over days & when cleaning hulls off with the jet wash??

Jonny

Hi Jonny, I just use the water, I dont use any detergent at all, I dont think the odd squirt of detergent would do a lot of harm but multiply that by several hundred boats once a week it would not take long to get rid of the diesel bloom! :naughty:

Hi Jonny

There is another thread about this viewtopic.php?f=68&t=10219 , but I am a recent convert to an environmentally friendly cleaner called EVM. I only tried it through recommendation, not because it's kind to wildlife, but because I heard it's good. Now I have tried it, there's no point using anything else imho! It's also really good at cleaning lots of other stuff too, not just the outside! I had tried lots of other stuff like Starbrite and Fenwicks, but will use this from now on.

Hi Jonny

There is another thread about this viewtopic.php?f=68&t=10219 , but I am a recent convert to an environmentally friendly cleaner called EVM. I only tried it through recommendation, not because it's kind to wildlife, but because I heard it's good. Now I have tried it, there's no point using anything else imho! It's also really good at cleaning lots of other stuff too, not just the outside! I had tried lots of other stuff like Starbrite and Fenwicks, but will use this from now on.

Yes, I'll second that (or maybe fifth or sixth it :) )

After reading the other thread on here, I bought 5 litres for £45 (there's trust for you), and it works really well. I decanted some of it into two spray bottles and keep one at the boat and the other at home. Great for cleaning the stubborn bits without abrasion on the boat and the car, and a pleasant citrus smell while you're using it !

Glad you like the stuff Strowy. I don't know if you are aware, but when they sell the spray bottles, the cleaner inside is a weaker solution than the 5 litre concentrate you have bought. I think the normal dilution ratio is about 60/40 EVW/water. That means you can get about 16-18 500ml spray bottles worth out of one 5l container, which makes it more economical.

Glad you like the stuff Strowy. I don't know if you are aware, but when they sell the spray bottles, the cleaner inside is a weaker solution than the 5 litre concentrate you have bought. I think the normal dilution ratio is about 60/40 EVW/water. That means you can get about 16-18 500ml spray bottles worth out of one 5l container, which makes it more economical.

Thanks for that, I wasn't aware of it, but I'll certainly dilute it now then.

My unpainted white GRP hull had lots of streaks over the winter that I'd previously had to use more scary stuff with, even sometimes acetone :shocked

With careful squirting and the occasional deft use of an old toothbrush for the indentations and grooves, it has truly come up "like new".

£45 for 5 litres? Just found this .....

http://shop.cormoranttrading.co.uk/inde ... cts_id=513

And Brian Ward at Brundall stocks it, wonder what price though!

Trevor

http://www.normanboats.co.uk

Well that shows just how lucky I am (not) :o

I looked at that web page last week, and the price was then £40, plus VAT and delivery.

I did actually buy it from Brian Ward, for £48, (that price plus the 20% vat). (my £45 stated was approx, as I didn't look at the receipt then )

So the stuff is now nearly half the price !!

Hi

This is Barbara from Cormorant Trading Ltd.

Our standard retail price for 5L of EVM Concentrate is £40 plus VAT, (and £6.95 for the 500ml of standard spray) however we do offer reduced prices to members of certain organisations, with special logins to our website allowing them access to those prices.

It would seem that the link to a restricted, members-only, page has been posted here, and that is misleading to the general public.

Should you be a member of a boating club or organisation and wish to benefit from a similar pricing arrangement, we would be pleased to discuss this with you.

Please note that Brian Wards are a retail outlet, with overheads, and they are offering the product at a competitive price to our ourselves.

Should you have any query on this matter please email me via sales@cormoranttrading.co.uk.

regards

Barbara

Hi Barbra

welcome to the forum :wave:wave

Should you be a member of a boating club or organisation and wish to benefit from a similar pricing arrangement, we would be pleased to discuss this with you.

mm yes please :grin::wavecheers:bow

Jonny

Hi Jonny

can you have a senior member of your club/organisation contact us and we'll be happy to arrange it.

We offer these price breaks for quantity orders & not for single units to the general public however certain organisations/clubs have arrangements with us and allow their members to benefit from these greatly reduced prices in return for exposure.

thanks for your interest, and the welcome

Barbara

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Babara, why not include the NBN forum members into your selected groups?. OK, we don`t pay any kind of membership fees or subscriptions etc, but we all belong to a large like minded group, just like any payed up club members, so it could be beneficial to your buisness to include the forums members?. It could generate a lot of extra income. Regards ............. Neil.

Hi Vetchugger

thanks for that heads up, that page certainly shouldnt be appearing on search engines as its password protected (or so we thought!).

We are having it checked out now and will let our IT man know thats the case.

Glad you like the product, looks like we'll be working with this forum to set up a discount structrure also.

regards

Barbara

Very generous discounts available temporarily as below pending the set up of a passworded area on Cormorant's site, it will mean ordering by email for the moment, please read all the below before ordering.

Specially discounted club rates are as follows

5L concentrated EVM. RRP £40 + VAT (£48 per unit) Club rate £25 + Vat (£30 per unit)

This concentrate needs to be diluted down to a 60/40 mix with any type of water, so the 5L makes about 15 or so normal 500ml bottles, which offers outstanding value.

500ml Trigger spray bottles RRP £6.95 + VAT we will allow your members to purchase these at £6 inclusive of VAT.

Shipping of the 500ml is approx £3.50 for Multiple bottles we will advise as required

Shipping on the 5L is approx £8.50

All available from stock from two locations one in the Broads, one in Lincoln.

We would ask that your members advise us what they require in the email, the address that they wish product sent to, and also their paypal email address so that we can send them a paypal money request for the total. Should they wish to send a cheque then they can state this and we will send them an invoice to pay against.

A quick update from me,

Received my EVM this morning from Cormorant, Have had exellent contact from them throughout.

Just tried it out on my Fibreglass Car Port which is as near as you can get to a boat hull and WOW what a brilliant product, Its the easiest i've ever cleaned it and as clean as it's come up since new. It has also loosened up all the spiders nests in the corners to wash out which iv'e never been able to shift before.

If you dont buy any other cleaning product this year you have to try this. Cant wait to get to the boat on Tuesday to try it on the hull.

Many thanks to Cormorant and i'm sure it wont be long before i put another order in, the way i'm using it. :clap:clap:clap

PS have i said how good it is :trophy:trophy