New Size Calor Bottles

Poppy

1 hour ago, DaveRolaves said:

If you scroll down on the flogas site to specification it gives the height and diameter of the 4.5 butane cylinders

Height: 340mm approx

Diameter: 240mm approx

So a little shorter but a gnat's willy wider at the base.

It may be 'panic over' folks.  It appears that the larger 4.5kg bottle is the Irish specification from Calor's sister company.

Perhaps someone got creative and imported some due to the lack of availability of the normal ones.   Sorry for any alarm my OP may have caused.

I recently changed over to flogas 4.5kg size and went to their depot at Catfield/Ludham... simply opened an account and purchased a new full bottle of butane 4.5kg was around £19 and did not have to pay any sort of deposit....also purchased new clip on regulator from them at same time ....invoice for £29.50.

Same size (dimensions) as my old calor one which I then took the empty one  to Camping Caravan place at Blofield who kindly gave me £10 for it .