melody in september

andyg

well after much changing of my mind and quite a few funny looks from the wife, i finally booked meldoy from richos for our september trip. never hired this type of boat before so if anyone has hired this boat has any pic to share id much appreciate. thanks

andy

well after much changing of my mind and quite a few funny looks from the wife, i finally booked meldoy from richos for our september trip. never hired this type of boat before so if anyone has hired this boat has any pic to share id much appreciate. thanks

andy

Hi Andy

we hired Melody 4 some time back and really enjoyed her. The engine's quiet, being new a new nanni and outside of the cabin and the saloon's nice and light, and sociable too.

Not sure I can tell you much more than you've probably seen from having a good look at them in the yard already, but they've got to score highly up the best value list as 4/6 berths go I think.

I reckon they'd look totally irrestible if they were all white (or less yellow) and had tinted glass :shocked

Dont do as my OH did and leap ashore with the rope that has the mudweight at the end of it!

Enjoy :Stinky

Dan

thanks dan, jimbo really looking forward to our trip, first time for us hireing a sedan type boat. we like the barth tub boats or should i say ann does :norty:. iv had my day out on broadsman with my boys and was blown away with her. really didnt expect that from a richo boat, no insult ment. only wished the wife was with me she would of loved it. thanks for pics will post back my findings

Hi Andy

I dont think you would need to worry unless there were unusually high tides, and you are normally advised if so, and also it is normally signed in reception if that is the case.

I have never looked at a tide table for Ludham Bridge irrespective of what hireboat I've been on and I have never had to wait after comparing the approach clearance guage to our boats height, and I've hired taller boats than the Bounty sedan's... there wasn't a lot of space one time when I took a Westward through, but luckilly I remembered to duck my head down out of the sun-roof, so decapitation was narrowly avoided!

Here's some more piccies, including one of two of them in their former lives, as I spent some of this last week with my rose tinted glasses on as I cruised the Thames

Dan

post-93-136713853253_thumb.jpg

post-93-136713853267_thumb.jpg

post-93-136713853281_thumb.jpg

post-93-13671385358_thumb.jpg

post-93-136713853593_thumb.jpg

:wave hi andyg, thats one bright boat you're hiring lol, at least you'll feel summerie even if it's abit on the cold side, i'm afraid we've hired the opposite, we've hired san remo, which is a horrible green colour, ( sorry clive ) but we have hired that type of boat before, & found that the front cabin could be slight chilly at night, so we slept in the back, which was warmer because of the engine. lori ice slicecheers

• 4 weeks later...

i thought id post back on our trip on melody last week.

we travelled up to stalham from essex on a very windy monday morning and must admit to being worried we wouldnt be allowed to leave the yard due to the strong winds, arrived at the yard to be told it would be ok for us to leave and melody was ready for us ( great news thats two hours early) so a quick trip over to tescos ( to buy even more of their coffee mugs we have quite a collection as we seem to forget to bring the ones weve brought on previous trips :oops: ) then back to the boat and away we go.the trip across barton and on up the ant to ludham was a challange to say the least the winds were some of the strongest iv ever experienced on the broads. on reaching ludham bridge ann (my other half) ran for cover as she was worried about going through the bridge with such strong winds, no problem with the bridge straight through and off to ranworth to try and find some cover from the wind, arrived at ranworth and got tucked away in the middle of the quayside. melody does handle very well for a boat thats seems to be fairly high out of the water. quite a bumpy night on the quay side dont think anyone got a great nights sleep.

woke up tues morn to a very bright but still fairly windy morning, the wind has changed our plans and we would now make for wroxham and roys, leaving the quayside and crossing the broad in glorious sunshine was great and everything is good in our world, reaching horning and it becomes clear to us that the river is busy this morning with everyone heading up river to wroxham in the sunshine by the time we reach wroxham were in quite a proccession of boats and we all seem to heading for faircrafts basin, i wont mentioned what happened at the bridge as iv already posted it on another thread. moored in faircrafts basin and had a lovely walk round the village and roys then back to the boat and back down river for an overnight stop at horning. we moored at ferrys boat yard for the night and walked down to the new inn for a meal. we love the walk down lower street and im alway envious of the villagers and the location they live in. great meal in the pub and a rather dark walk back to the boat and bed.

wednesday morn arrives and were bleast again with sunshine ann goes for a shower over the leisure center and i look round some of ferrys new boats, very nice indeed (but with a nice hire tarrif to go with it) then its off down to potter and lathams ( dont get the lathams thing is just a QD now ) but keeps her happy ;) we decide to stop of at thurne dyke for our breakfast in the sunshine and then walk it off with a trip upto the gift shop another first for us we didnt even no it was there, had a lovely chat with the owner, brought the grand daughter a few bits then back to the boat and off to potter. herbert woods seemed to have a fair few boats in un like richos who seemed to have the enitre fleet out. got an ice cream and sat at the bridge and watched the world go by. moved the boat back down river to the moorigs just past maycraft for the night,what a perfect location this turned out to be.

thurs arrived and yet again another sunny morn we wanted to visit st bennetts today and have a walk on the marshes so after a trip round south walsham we moored up by the abbey and had a good look around and a nice walk then back to the boat for the short trip to ludham and a night at the dog inn. sadly we didnt eat in the dog thurs night due to the fact most of what we wanted or liked was of the menu about ten items :o this was a real shame after reading so many good things about the pub, so a quick cab ride back to horning and the ferry inn for our last meal, and very nice it was too.(thanks to keith our cab drive ) who turned out again to take us back to our boat.

a great few days on the rivers again with great service from richos the boat was fine and good vaule it was also good to see the yard busy this late in the season aswell