Paddock Wood, Boat Jumble Today

well all full of the hype I decided to take a trip to the kent boat jumble at paddock wood, after parting with my £5 entrance fee, i could see that it wasnt the huge event that the advertising had promised, there were maybe 30 stalls, mind you there was a good representation of stuff there, sadly nothing broads related, and a lot of it was spares for sailing boats. I did come away with a couple of new mooring ropes, pre spliced loop on the end, one 13.5m and the other 14m, and I also snagged a box of 55 brass or bronze screws, no 22 x 3", all of which will go into Water Rails restoration / repair kit (there is quite a healthy stock of Brass screws aboard now, in all sizes as I pick them up when i spot them) all of which are then available when work needs doing.

• Like 1

if i see good brass screws i get them, i did have to pay a fair price, but for the old ones i think its worth it.

I have just looked up the equivalent 8mm x80 brass screws, and the cost for the quantity I got with VAT was £93, I paid less than a third of that and got the decent old ones to boot.