Rambling Rosie's Rambles

NeilB

Still went cruising all weekend but spent a lot of time cleaning and packing bed linen away as no more overnight guests planned for a while, just a couple of day trippers! 
IMG_2584.thumb.png.286151f61a99b92e76f6355839e85e88.png

Fridge and freezer emptied and cleaned, case packed and I'm off to Southampton very early Wednesday to check our boat show demo boat and decide how we'll be operating it. Then at the Boat Show Thursday onwards.
While I'm away for 12 days or so Rosie will be in the capable hands of Sutton Staithe to refurbish the sliding canopy and make a few improvements. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NeilB said:

Don’t tell Rosie but I’m playing with another boat!!

IMG_2594.mov

IMG_2591.jpeg

Am I envious??? Er - just a tad!! :default_icon_e_smile: was that sideways manouvre done with a joystick Neil? Lovely boat. If it wasn't such a trek down to Southampton and Brenda wasn't working I'd be down there like a shot to dream :default_biggrin:

Chris

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CeePee1952 said:

Am I envious??? Er - just a tad!! :default_icon_e_smile: was that sideways manouvre done with a joystick Neil? Lovely boat. If it wasn't such a trek down to Southampton and Brenda wasn't working I'd be down there like a shot to dream :default_biggrin:

Chris

Yes, Joystick controlling twin independently steerable pods.  With the addition of GPS so it will go exactly where you point it regardless of wind and tide.  It can cope with some seriously strong wind as well, last summer the RN patrol boat with standard twin shafts took several attempts to leave the dock against the wind and looked a bit of a mess.  Ours just powered sideways and away - I work on them and even I was impressed!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, NeilB said:

Yes, Joystick controlling twin independently steerable pods.  With the addition of GPS so it will go exactly where you point it regardless of wind and tide.  It can cope with some seriously strong wind as well, last summer the RN patrol boat with standard twin shafts took several attempts to leave the dock against the wind and looked a bit of a mess.  Ours just powered sideways and away - I work on them and even I was impressed!

IPS then? I'm drooling  - no actually I'l slobbering :default_rofl:

Chris

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CeePee1952 said:

IPS then? I'm drooling  - no actually I'l slobbering :default_rofl:

Chris

Yes, IPS.  This boat has the baby version, we've just launched the below for yachts up to 180ft - 2 engines per drive and you can have up to 4 drives giving up to 8000hp.  or 1 engine and 1 electric motor per drive, or 2 electric motors per drive.
Sweden had to buy an old 37m fast ferry for testing!!

image.png.04756af1cdd8eaad9597c4a86ffb1208.png

This gives a better idea of how big these drives are.

image.png.227ee92a84b77f23e3eedcc1a127bae2.png

• Like 5