Looking For A Summer 2022 Mooring Above Potter Heigham Bridge

I wonder if such a thing exists? For reasons of easy access - the prospect of having a confirmed mooring above P.H. bridge for the months of June, July and August really appeals.

I'm happy to pay for longer than this if required. I have an absolutely terrific mooring on the Ant which I'm keeping, but for the Summer months this year, when the Broads will be really busy, I'd like to get under the bridge, stay there for the Summer, and explore the waters at that end.

I checked with Martham Boats, they have a 12m minimum contract - which I've asked them to price. Haven't heard back yet. Somewhere where I can hook up to power from time to time, and where it'll be safe to leave the boat during the week. Just for the Summer months this year, absolutely happy to pay. And then back to my regular mooring at the end of the Summer.

If anyone has any suggestions, they'd be very gratefully received.

Kindest regards,

Edward

Dear Chris,

Thanks so much for your reply, and suggestion, which I'll look into.

Absolutely 100% agree with you about looking in person. Can't get to Norfolk for a few weekends though, so thought I'd attempt it by remote control - especially as only a temp arrangement.

Really appreciate your message.

Looks like you might be a Sydneysider?

If so, here's a memory!

Cheers!

Edward

Harry's.jpeg

1 hour ago, EdwardCharlesMitchell said:

Dear Chris,

Thanks so much for your reply, and suggestion, which I'll look into.

Absolutely 100% agree with you about looking in person. Can't get to Norfolk for a few weekends though, so thought I'd attempt it by remote control - especially as only a temp arrangement.

Really appreciate your message.

Looks like you might be a Sydneysider?

If so, here's a memory!

Cheers!

Edward

Harry's.jpeg

My youngest son is a naturalised Australian Citizen, now living in Victoria with a home in Melbourne and another at Lakes Entrance in Gippsland.

But I love the Sydney Waterfront and know Wooloomooloo Bay very well. My eldest son who lived in Surry Hills for a year is a great one for Harry's famous pies but my favourite is The Sydney Oyster Bar on Circular Quay. Morton Bay Bugs are my choice, ugly critters but wonderful eating.

20220427_151602-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.9672e7aae3ac7b869400ea2fd10ca4a6.jpg

Unfortunately covid has messed up me getting back for a while.

I love fish, prefering it to meat. My all time Sydney favourite was The Boathouse on Blackwattle Bay overlooking the Anzac Bridge.

Sadly, being a little out of the way the Covid Lockdowns killed it.

Gorgeous place to sit at night, and being near the fish market it was excellent.

20220427_174657.jpg.7a9df2ee4340532d7cf67a2864986d35.jpg

I lived at Tamarama, apartment looking out to sea. I used to follow the fishing fleet through binocs and when they turned home for Pyrmont I'd get in the car and drive down to the market, arriving at the same time as the boats. What a great way to get your lunch. Glass of something fine, white and icy. Excellent! Happy days!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EdwardCharlesMitchell said:

I lived at Tamarama, apartment looking out to sea. I used to follow the fishing fleet through binocs and when they turned home for Pyrmont I'd get in the car and drive down to the market, arriving at the same time as the boats. What a great way to get your lunch. Glass of something fine, white and icy. Excellent! Happy days!

What a great place to live. I love the coast walk from Bondi to Tamarama along the cliffs. Although the last time I was there was, of all days, the first day of "Sculptures by the Sea" . The walk was more like George Street at Christmas there were so many people.

https://bonditocoogeewalk.com/

Wonder if you remember the original Icebergs at Bondi South end? It was a bit rickety, Crittall windows, pokies, meat raffle and all. But that bar on a Friday night straight after work.......... A few schooners of icy VB. Especially if there were high winds coming in off the ocean. Legend.....................