Anchor Pro

CeePee1952

since the short distance is 20m and the longer distance 40m, that seems to me its more for offshore than for on the broads, if your mudweight is properly set, with enough rope, you wont really be going anywhere. unlike sea anchors where if the wind changes you can overrun the anchor and unset it, a mudweight in mud will just stick, they are difficult enough to get out anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CP. you do not need an app to determine anything in this life. Least of all where to moor, where to moor, how to moor.

On the Broads, on the river, several things have to be considered. The tide. A variable. So many things to take into consideration, which effect and have an influence on where you moor. A variable which can and will sometimes change.

Weather. Weather will determine where a boatman will moor. Take heed of wind direction, wind force, and of course how changes over a relatively short period of time need to be taken into consideration.

An app does not provide much comfort to me or security.

I prefer my own judgement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is this the app called "Anchor Watch Pro?" If so it is not advice on where to anchor or how to anchor. It is an anchor alarm. It uses GNSS to lert if you drift from a set radius.As such it can be very useful in any situation where there is a risk of dragging and a chartplotter based anchor alarm is not available. Thus it would fit the needs on the Broads very well. I have had mudweights drag in windy conditions and recognid=se the importance of an alarm if staying overnight. My experience of Anchor Watch Pro is positive. i have used it in coastal anchorages, the rivers Orwell and Stour and the Broads. It is a valuable additional safety resource.

Just be aware that, as it uses GNSS, it will devour mobile device batteries very quickly. Make sure you plug in to a charger if using overnight.

• Like 1