A Very Happy Easter.....

bucket

It is only a few days now until our first week afloat this year on Blue Mist.......a few things to sort first at home but come Thursday morning we will on our way to Horning and the boat.

We will be staying up north all week. The forecast and tides might allow passage at the weekend through Wroxham and on to Coltishall where I hope to get up to the lock. I have always previously turned at the Norfolk Mead so a new bit for me after forty odd years on the Broads.

It is a shame about the delay to completion of the staithe works at Neatishead.....one of my favourites.....and from what I hear from fellow forumites the green at Sutton is consistently occupied.....but I will have a look see for myself.

I hope to have a look at Upton if we can moor at the end and walk down to the staithe.....at 38ft we might be a touch long to turn if the staithe is full? Somewhere new for me again.

I look forward with a smile to recognising fellow NBN'ers on our travels, and hopefully saying hello to some of the characters.......

And I can't wait to support some local businesses......particularly them as sell beer!!!

So......a very happy Easter!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bucket said:

It is only a few days now until our first week afloat this year on Blue Mist.......a few things to sort first at home but come Thursday morning we will on our way to Horning and the boat.

We will be staying up north all week. The forecast and tides might allow passage at the weekend through Wroxham and on to Coltishall where I hope to get up to the lock. I have always previously turned at the Norfolk Mead so a new bit for me after forty odd years on the Broads.

It is a shame about the delay to completion of the staithe works at Neatishead.....one of my favourites.....and from what I hear from fellow forumites the green at Sutton is consistently occupied.....but I will have a look see for myself.

I hope to have a look at Upton if we can moor at the end and walk down to the staithe.....at 38ft we might be a touch long to turn if the staithe is full? Somewhere new for me again.

I look forward with a smile to recognising fellow NBN'ers on our travels, and hopefully saying hello to some of the characters.......

And I can't wait to support some local businesses......particularly them as sell beer!!!

So......a very happy Easter!

I managed to turn Moonlight Shadow at the end of Upton Dyke, just before it opens up to the boatyard.  The bow thruster was definitely used, to good effect, but as long as EW have two or three boats out, you should be good, even if you turn on the ropes.

The pub is worth the effort, without a doubt!