A Rare Brochure From The 1980s

Broads01

I'm fascinated by this ebay listing https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285231929875?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=W_ofwU7wS32&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=4b-5bJkbQHi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

It's an agent I didnt know existed ("Boat Enquiries"), includes a Broads boatyard I didn't know existed (Menengai Marine, Beccles) and a Thames boatyard I didn't know existed (Caversham Marina).

• Like 3

Hi Simon,

I have got two or three of those brochures at home they all date from the early 80s. They were around for atleast three years maybe more. I think I spotted them advertised in boating magazines so either asked for copies to be sent or possibly picked up in travel agents. I don't recognise the two yards you mention either, although the Caversham yard appears to be on the same island as Caversham boat services currently sits. I know Bridge boats were also on the island and CBS took over however wasn't aware of any others although I am no Thames expert 

Neil

• Like 1