Bmc Glow Plug Question

Hi All 

New to this group. 

We are currently refurbishing a Calypso 28 and I need to connect the glow plugs to engine. The last mechanic disappeared with the old plugs and rail??! 

Can anyone help me with where the ends of the plug line attend to? 

Thanks 

Rory 

• Like 2

Hello Rory and welcome to the forum.

I have a suspicion who the "last mechanic" may have been as he also disappeared halfway through a job on our boat, even leaving some of his tools on board.  In which case I can recommend Daniel Austrin, who has taken over most of his business.  He is very thorough and his prices are most competitive.  07781 631694.

The glow plugs are negative returned through the engine block, so the positive wire goes across all of them and thus connects them in parallel. The start key is wired to the dashboard from the "battery side" terminal of the starter solenoid and the plugs are wired direct from the "heat" terminal on the key. There is a draw of about 25amps all the same, so you would be wise to install a relay somewhere near the engine, to reduce any resistance in the wiring.

• Like 2