Fair Marquess

snunn

Fair Marquess

September 8th 2023

Pick up boat for 2 weeks afloat , as usual we came up early and stayed in Horning visiting Mick sister in Suffolk and enjoying a lovely meal in the fish restaurant.

I fell a few weeks ago and dislocated my knee ,broke my nose and my wrist been in plaster for 8 weeks which was removed day we started our travels now in a soft splint but not too nimble still this may or may not dictate what and where we go this trip.

Did the  usual shopping before heading to boatyard Roy’s Ludham butchers ,tackle shop etc.

Depending on the time we got away would decide where we end up ,tide looks good for a crossing on Monday afternoon but  only if I’m handling things ok.

Well we are afloat weather so far has been very hot 🥵 my arm and knee not too good or my confidence for that matter so staying north.

Moored at Salhouse , South Walsham ,Womack and Ranworth so far just moving about gently 2 or 3 hour morning cruises.

Few issues shore power switch tripped , hair dryer doesn’t work nothing much but annoying

Will go into Wroxham tomorrow to change hairdryer called yard and they told us where the trips were located soon fixed.

Todays destination unknown here at Ranworth the power units just all went off so lost remains of our pound.

Hairdryer fixed shopping done and off we go again.I’m still struggling with ropes and getting on and off as in addition to the fall I’ve had frozen shoulder in my left arm and unfortunately due to the break wasn’t allowed to have the steroid injection to ease the pain and immobility god I sound like the wounded soldier!

It’s our last full day today as we plan on heading back to the yard tomorrow to pack up the car and boat ready to get an early start for the long drive home.

We have just pottered about down to Acle up to Potter Heigham

Moored at Thorne Dyke one day lovely sunset today at Fleet  Dyke it’s really windy but quite warm sad I can’t walk far at the moment.

Enjoyed the boat but we do prefer Silent Emblem and Ferry Marina

Not back next year as we have booked 2 weeks on the Thames a new experience for us although words have been said about coming back here maybe early May for a week watch this space.

After a very pleasant cruise back to Wroxham on Thursday we took our time to pack up and clean the boat then we out to have a drink outside hotel not much happening at all we then had fish and chips for tea and went back to the boat, away early on Friday left the yard around 7:30 we needed fuel and a visit to Ludham butchers ,terrible journey home it took us 10 hours started with a nasty accident on A47 then just slow and busy everywhere.

We both feel it wasn’t the best trip we had combination of reasons mainly me I think xx meals out apart from fish restaurant ok nothing great but better than cooking and we enjoyed a couple of Indian takeaways.

We will be back hopefully next May .

IMG_1885.jpeg

IMG_1884.jpeg

IMG_1883.jpeg

IMG_1881.jpeg

• Like 7

I feel for you. Prior to us having our own boat we hired from Barnes Brinkcraft and the week before we were on holiday, Kath broke her wrist and three fingers playing hockey. She soldiered on for the entire week, obviously in alot of discomfort, it effectively spoilt her holiday. 

I have lived in Norfolk in the past and always regard travelling within Norfolk & Suffolk as being stuck in the 1970's. The A47 can be a pain (we are down every weekend and the three or four sets of temporary traffic lights at night between Swaffham & Dereham are a delight...)

Lovely photos but such a shame that you were far from your best. 

33 minutes ago, chrisdobson45 said:

I have lived in Norfolk in the past and always regard travelling within Norfolk & Suffolk as being stuck in the 1970's.

I’ll happily take that over travelling in Essex and London in the 2020s. 

• Like 2