Hampton Safari - Dawncraft 26

GregAfloat

16 minutes ago, GregAfloat said:

Ah! I see my Asperger's is causing upset in others again!

My symptoms include a complete failure to take offence at anything. I just wonder why someone feels that way when I detect they are trying to make a particular point. It's fine for me! I live in blissful confidence I'm doing or saying the right thing!

The trouble is it also means I have no understanding of how what I say will be received by others. I often describe it as transmitting in grey. There's no colour in what I say, just my understanding of the position. But it seems others see or add colour that I was not aware was in my transmission. Often that colour is red and they rage at me. Mmmm! I wonder why they feel that way. I just don't understand.

Please forgive me if I rile or offend you. I truly don't mean to!

Maybe we should have an "Aspy" section of the forum! :default_cool:

I too am blessed with a little part of Dr Hans Asperger's wonderful syndrome and I guess there are others close by who may not realise they are too.

You are not alone and the level of your attention to detail gave you away ages ago! :default_smiley-char054:

2 hours ago, Vaughan said:

You clearly know nothing about Jenners, how it was set up and how it passed on later to the Caister Group, before being sold off again.  This was a most significant period in the history of Broads hire boats and before attempting to tinker with Craig's website I suggest you do a great deal more research of your own.

You're right! I know nothing of Jenner's, other than recalling it as a name in Blake's catalogues.

However, I'm not clear why

5 hours ago, GregAfloat said:

Ah! I see my Asperger's is causing upset in others again!

My symptoms include a complete failure to take offence at anything. I just wonder why someone feels that way when I detect they are trying to make a particular point. It's fine for me! I live in blissful confidence I'm doing or saying the right thing!

The trouble is it also means I have no understanding of how what I say will be received by others. I often describe it as transmitting in grey. There's no colour in what I say, just my understanding of the position. But it seems others see or add colour that I was not aware was in my transmission. Often that colour is red and they rage at me. Mmmm! I wonder why they feel that way. I just don't understand.

Please forgive me if I rile or offend you. I truly don't mean to!

Oh dear.

I have been answering what I assumed were serious questions about the history of Broads hire boats and have been giving  answers, in good faith, as I do to all members of this forum.  I had not realised I was getting involved in mental health issues about which I know nothing, but nonetheless sympathise.

Excuse me, but I am just a boatyard manager. 

At this point I will leave this discussion to others more qualified than myself.

• Like 5