Non Drip Hatch

As I'm having all the windows refurbed I decided to replace the leaky old hatch, while the new one is sat at home it seemed a good idea to insulate it to stop the condensation drips as it is right above the berth.

So stripped all the fittings off the opening section, used 2 layers of this polystyrene (the stuff you can put behind wallpaper) held together with double sided tape, faced the glass side with leather effect vinyl wrap that closely matches the headlining, cut this strips of double sided tape and placed it on the glass behing the safety bars so not visable to prevent the insulation sandwich drooping, covered the whole of the underside with the same vinyl wrap and ran a craft knife around the frame edge making it effectively a sealed unit before refitting handles and bump stop.

I recon it's turned out pretty tidy and much warmer to the touch than the glass and aluminium and it's as we ever look out of it anyway.

Just got to hope the windows are done in time for easter now, glass took longer than expected and weather not looking too forgiving for fitting boat windows.

20240324_122109.thumb.jpg.50fb84924b6fab8312ea4ca788c89b82.jpg20240324_122121.thumb.jpg.444938e4673bc948dc106d87046a24b8.jpg

• Like 9