Easter Weekend Afloat.

Grandchildren have now been returned. They may be 13 and 16 now but they are just as exhausting, but so much fun to be with.

We still have two dirty boats that need cleaning but we all have a few more great memories tucked away.

Seen and waved to a good number of members as they have passed by on the river.

Saturday evening saw us booked into a very busy White Heron. The food and drinks order was taken, drinks turned up, starters arrived after quite a delay. Then we waited, and waited some more. A member of staff arrived to say sorry for the delay, they were plating up the meals. 20 minutes later when I asked what was happening the manager arrived with profuse apologies and the offer of a complimentary round of drinks. There had been an issue with processing the order.

The food finally arrived an hour after the starters were finished and nearly two hours after our arrival.

The food was good and well cooked. We appeared to be the only tabled affected by the 'glitch' so I would give them the benefit of the doubt, especially as they took ownership of the problem and immediately offered a round of drinks.

Lunchtime today we went to the nearly opened Water's Edge in Wroxham.  The food and service was excellent and the pricing was good.

I would recommend eating here without hesitation and may well go back for an evening meal before we go home.

The next few days will be spent boat cleaning and doing upgrades to the Sheerline although I do have a sneaky breakfast booked at the Ferry House on Wednesday 😁.

Edit to add,

It poured down Sunday night, the bilge pump was on overtime as I had taken the big rear cover off.

At least I know the sliding canopy on the Sheerline is now watertight after I adjusted it and added some soft rubber gasket. I did find a small leak by the back door to add to the list.

• Like 12

10 hours ago, ExSurveyor said:

It poured down Sunday night, the bilge pump was on overtime as I had taken the big rear cover off.

I think that must have been the case too near Ludham. I woke briefly in the night to hear the bilge pump working. I didn’t hear any rain though. 

Sounds like a couple of days spent in the best company, it’s wonderful they love boating so much. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, kpnut said:

Sounds like a couple of days spent in the best company, it’s wonderful they love boating so much. 

Our son and his family are using one of our weeks on Moonlight Shadow this week.  It seemed very selfish to use it ourselves, when it fell in a school holiday.  We took him on The Broads for the first time when he was about six and went annually for many years after and although he kind of fell out of love with the place through his late teenage years, since having a family of his own, he now looks forward to his time afloat as much as we do.

Our grandchildren are all now boating fans, our eldest grandson is currently enjoying his seventh boating holiday at the age of (almost) eight - birthday on 7th April!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Good to speak briefly when passing (on Noah’s Ark ) yesterday afternoon Mark I thought you looked a little calm after the storm 😂

Also passed your family Mouldy same time around the Ferry house.

John 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jbx5 said:

Good to speak briefly when passing (on Noah’s Ark ) yesterday afternoon Mark I thought you looked a little calm after the storm 😂

Also passed your family Mouldy same time around the Ferry house.

John 

We saw someone on Whitey wave as we went past on Sunday, guessing it was Mark.  May have seen you too @Jbx5 as we ended up at The Ferry House.  Managed to squeeze in so we could go for dinner in the evening.

Smoggy was also there, celebrating having his boat back for the weekend, following some work on his boat.

• Like 3