Barton Turf Water Point

Last week we called at the water point at Barton Turf and noticed that the mooring posts are really wobbly.   I did mention this to the BA but they tell me it is a Parish responsibility.  I have emailed them and let us hope they attend to them at some time in the future.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Last week we called at the water point at Barton Turf and noticed that the mooring posts are really wobbly.   I did mention this to the BA but they tell me it is a Parish responsibility.  I have emailed them and let us hope they attend to them at some time in the future.

Barton Turf is no longer a mooring, since the BA failed to renew the lease.  The moorings should only be used to top up with water and not for a prolonged stay.

• Like 1

We only stopped for water and to dump our rubbish.    Short or long stay it is good to have substantial to tie your rope to.    Barton Turf or Paddys Lane , whatever it is known as , is a 24hr mooring.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hylander said:

We only stopped for water and to dump our rubbish.    Short or long stay it is good to have substantial to tie your rope to.    Barton Turf or Paddys Lane , whatever it is known as , is a 24hr mooring.

Barton Turf, where the water point is, has returned to being controlled by the Parish Council.  They no longer allow mooring there other than to access the water point.  Paddy’s Lane is a BA mooring.

Being so close, they are often confused, but only one offers 24 hour moorings.

• Like 1