Ugly Fuel Tank Box

Sue for the tank mount maybe you could get a quote or a fabricator to make a cade that can be mounted on the stern on the norman like some do for there gas bottles.

iam keeping my eyes open incase i find something for you

:-D Looks like the previous owner may have been scared of having a Petrol tank inside the boat, I always thought there was a space for the tank under the back bunk, and you primed the outboard with the bulb type thing, May seem obvious Sue but have you spoken to other Norman owners to see how theirs is set up, I presume that under the BSS it would have to be kept in a sealed box in the boat and have all the correct vents fitted, but that box is the first one I've seen like it, I found this piccy of a Norman tank hole, but if I remember isn't there someone on NBF that runs a Norman site?? :wave

post-132-136713393102_thumb.jpg

Looking at the back of Sues boat, I can't really see where you would have space to fit a cage, unless you use the small fuel tank, the other problem I see with that is access for filling Etc, personaly I don't like the idea of the tank on the outside, purely because if you have a small leak or fumes are escaping from the tank, all it takes is a spark or some idiot to throw a cigarette in that direction and you could have one hell of a bang, plus from the amount of times someone has hit the back of my boat while they are mooring it's very prone to damage, so I think you'd definatly need one of those large outboard guards, big enough to protect it, I know I'm not helping but there must be an easier and safer solution, we just havn't found it yet, the fitting of that box dosn't look original so I would imagine there is some provision inside the boat for a fuel tank, I'll keep checking I'm sure between us we will come up with the answer,, :-D

Pete i did mention the cadge holder for the fuel tank but instead of using the plastic ones that most people use couldn't Sue get an aluminum one fabricated to be a little safer and a fuel cap like most cruisers.

But then again you might get away with fabricating a aluminum tank and sticking it under the floor boards in the boat and putting a outlet for the fuel on the outside like most cruisers if you get my drift

i think a cage mounted on the rear and some sort of fuel tank rather than the plastic ones must be the safest option and best for space

what do you think Sue