hero 3 ???

jillR

Hi Jill

I had a Hero 3 as a Christmas present to me, complete with digital back.

I would not see this as a main stream camera for everyday use but more for specific purposes.

I have mine for taking footage on the boat a normal camera just cannot take, either from the positions it can get or that a mainstream camera would be ruined by the water.

The Hero 3 has built in Wi Fi and a remote which means for instance it could be mounted on a boat rail or radar arch and remotely switched on/of etc when needed. If you have an iphone there is an App that allows full Wi Fi control including changes in settings and preview.

It has three angle settings for the field of vision wide/medium/narrow.

Also the casing is waterproof down to 60 meters so it is popular with the diving community but great for us boaters to inspect our underwater gear.

http://youtu.be/GuZoZpyRxUg

As for quad copters a mate of mine has just paid a fair bit of money for a pro version so I am looking forward to his results these with a Go Pro show the possibilities

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckIpq8JApIQ&list=PLMk6laoZ93OK3xj7ldxl2AGqO30pvGXSg

I got a Parrot AR Drone 2 for Christmas. The camera quality isn't as good as the Hero, but then the Drone costs only slightly more than the Hero camera. I know there is someone trying to make a mount to fit the Hero to the AR Drone. Unfortunately the weather hasn't been good enough to get out and play with it much. This is footage from my first flight down at the boat yard. The flying skills leave a lot to be desired!