Impact on southern broads

thirdmate

I agree this is old news LeBoat pulled out of there last year.

They may not do much better at Horning they are far too expensive.

In the artical they had only twelve boats and were moving some up to Scotland, I know they operate on the Caledonian Canal and the cost of a Birchwood 340 like ours is £1600 plus all of their extras I know because the Caladonian was one of the options we were looking at but decised to go on the Clyde and Union canals to go on the Falkirk Wheel.

We were looking at there 6 & 8 berth boats and these ranged from £2600 to £3400 for boats in the begining of May. If they can fill these places on the Caledonian Canal can we blame them?

Regards

Alan

Hi Mark,

I am sure you are right, they hardly had time to get their feet wet.

The base they are at in Horning is just before the thatched house going into Horning.

When we were moored at Horning that base was run by another company and they had a sign on the river entrance saying fuel/pumpout etc, it was very windy so I called in there and managed to moor, there was a chap in the office so I asked for a pump out of both toilet tanks and toping up with fuel, the chap said they closed on Mondays so could not help, there boundry wall backed onto Bolters, so I climbed up and shouted to the owner can you help me in, no problem came back the answer. Boulters ended up with over £100 in their till the other chap just got my contempt.

One of the main problems with some people on the Broads they have no get up and go, it is quaint at times but at other times there is no answer to it.

LeBoat did not really advertise the fact that they were at Somerleyton or any of the other services they had to offer.

Regards

Alan