Maybe it me "not seeing the wood for the trees", but the default set for avatar images seems to be at a 1:1 aspect ratio.

The are very few in any cameras in common use, that produce images with a 1:1 aspect ratio.

Since the software upgrade,  in order to take a standard format image, and use it for an avatar, it either has to be shrunk in the horizontal axis, or stretched in the vertical axis. Either way, it distorts the image.

Alternatively, a lot of unnecessary background has to be included in order that the image can be 'cropped' to produce a 1:1 aspect ratio. This of course defeats the object of having main foreground subject in the image.

This is the only forum that appears to have this issue, and it didn't have before the software upgrade.

Is this a non-adjustable setting with the new software, and as such we are stuck with it, or is it optional?

Dave

Hi Jonzo

Thanks for the prompt response, and confirming that its an inherent 'skin' design' problem.

In the overall scale of things, it isn't a significant issue, but one for the 'back burner', perhaps to be resolved when more important issues have been dealt with..

Although I'm familiar with pbpBB and Word Press, this software is a bit of an unknown to me. :???:

Dave