burehaven lodges 70/80s

ferryman

Hi Ken.

I seem to remember that there was an eatery in the odd shaped chalet/lodge building. 

If I remember correctly it was in the building right next to JB Boat Sales office and looked down the dyke towards the main river before  the houseboats were moved to Wayford Bridge.

I stayed in one of the houseboats that were at Grebe Island and I think I recall it being there at that time.

What is now JB's office used to be a little shop but my son used to take the row boat (with outboard) round to the little shop that was in one of the outbuildings at the Ferry Inn.

• Like 1

Hi Ken.

I seem to remember that there was an eatery in the odd shaped chalet/lodge building. 

If I remember correctly it was in the building right next to JB Boat Sales office and looked down the dyke towards the main river before  the houseboats were moved to Wayford Bridge.

I stayed in one of the houseboats that were at Grebe Island and I think I recall it being there at that time.

What is now JB's office used to be a little shop but my son used to take the row boat (with outboard) round to the little shop that was in one of the outbuildings at the Ferry Inn.

Hi Jeff when you mentioned odd shaped building i can see it now !! name still evades me  :roll:  Regards Ken

We moored there back in the nineties and then that was the office and store run by a very pleasant couple who looked after the lodges and house boats.They were well kept with the window boxes, they look a little drab now at Wayford and never appear to be as busy as they used to be.At that time it was part of Brundall marina and you could moor for free when venturing South,handy as there never has been many moorings in those parts.