Locking Diesel Cap

Guest cygnet

Guest cygnet

I am trying to track down a locking filler cap for my diesel filler. It seems to be a fairly standard type of 2". Can anybody point me in the right direction please.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice one about switching the caps,I would like to be there if they used the old method of syphoning--------Stick tude down filler tube--------Place lips round tube and suck very hard------------when contents reach top of tube and pass lips remove tube and spit out contents --- :o:mrgreen: ---He He He-------Just one thought if fuel was put in waste tank and pity the poor mechanic who had to clean out the injectors etc.---Yuk cheersbar:Stinky

Hi Cygnet

I saw locking filler caps in Norfolk Marine in Wroxham yesterday afternoon. I didn't notice the price I'm afraid, but they have just managed to get some stock in.

How much of a problem is fuel theft on the Broads? It's not something I've ever considered before, but I guess with prices likethey are now it's getting ever more tempting to said "theiving scrotes"!

I bought one from Norfolk Marine a couple of weeks ago. They had them manufactured to order. They seem very well engineered. I bought the last of their first batch of 50, but they were expecting more in - and it appears from the above post that they must have arrived. It cost about £50.

Bruce

• 4 weeks later...
Guest marieashurst

Hi

Just found this forum and saw your post about locking fuel caps. I've got two fuelocks on my Sealine and have found them to be excellent. I've got the 1 1/2" BSP fillers, but Fuelock are also about to launch a new 1 1/4" BSP one that fits fillers with 40-42mm fillers. I think price is going to be same too, £34.99 each or 2 for £59.98.