"Heartbleed" open SSL

My understanding of the "Heartbleed" security breach is that someone has discovered a way to read SSL encryption.

That encryption is the standard way that most secure websites "protect" password submissions when people login.

The security weakness was announced to all SSL users before it was publicly admitted, so security conscious websites should have now already closed that door.

It is possible though, that some passwords were being read by hackers before the weakness was discovered.  

The advice therefore, is for people to change all of their passwords as a precaution. Something that people should do periodically anyway, as a regular habit.

(and never, never, use the same password on several different login sites)  :)

:wave although it is a pain, ive changed alot of my passwords on sites that i use, but it's not just internet  sites that are affected, according to my lookout antivirus it apps too that can be affected on android devices, so if you sign in to any apps that you've got ,change your passwords on them,  lori 

• Like 1