Tide 2 Text service

ranworthbreeze

That's a step in the right direction...

I'd be interested to know whether the data is coming from EA via an API that no-one else is allowed access to or (having worked on a lot of public sector IT projects) whether it's just the same data that's in Broadcaster

Yes, it would be really clever if it was using some real-time connection to water level height sensors to improve the accuracy of the predictions.

I doubt it though. I would guess that it just uses a base level calculation for Gorleston Bar, and then applies the standard corrections for Yarmouth yacht station, and then slack water.

The actual recorded height under the bridges would have been a huge step forward for users, but the link doesn't even mention tide heights, just slack times and sunrise/sunset, which are all fairly easy to get.  :cry:

Hi Stowager,

I am sorry to say it is the estimated level at Gorleston Bar that they text out.

As you say a pity that they do not include the tide heights which is on their tide tables.

Because of our air draft this is the most important part of any tide table we look at and is the main reason I personally use their tide table.

Regards

Alan

"The actual recorded height under the bridges would have been a huge step forward for users, but the link doesn't even mention tide heights, just slack times and sunrise/sunset, which are all fairly easy to get."

Absolutely, as it is I use the table from the NBO which works for us.