Knowledge vs Software

riyadhcrew

Dear Fellow Members,

I will be leaving Riyadh on Tuesday 5th August to fly via Istanbul to Edinburgh and then by car to my home town of Kirkcaldy. I will be leaving home at around 4.00am to drive to Stalham on Saturday 9th. (my preference being the A1)

Now!! - Google maps says the best way to go is the A17 from Newark and then the A47.

Previously, people have said that due to road works on the A47, it's better to come off the Ai at Peterborough and then go via Downam Market to bypass KL.

Comments and advice would be very much appreciated, as it's a fair old drive.

thanks Dave,

Just google mapped that, just to make sure I know where I am going....

To clarify one point, for Riyadhcrew....

From Wisbech the road to Downham Market is the A1101, this then turns into the A1122 at Outwell.....

And according to google maps is only about 15mins longer journey (with no traffic) so if it cuts out even 1/2 hour sat in a queue it will be better

:Stinky

The picture - a rental car - a Saudi license - the inability to speak English to anyone in a uniform. I don't drive fast - I just FLY LOW!!  Just joking, with family in the car, I tend to take it easy and stay safe. I hope we all do well and get there problem free. :bow

We live in Stamford(Beside the A1) and the route we usually take is the Wisbech/Downham/Swaffham one.

We have timed it and there is really no difference to speak of.

Going down last Friday, we saw 3 canal boats just outside Outwell so keep an eye out for them.

It is a much more scenic route too.

As for the Postwick road works, just avoid the rush hour and you'll be fine.