Two weeks on the broads on Sweet Kingfisher

SweetKingfisher1

I got told off by my dear son Alan ( Jawsorca ) for not writing more about our two weeks.

To start with we like to take it slowly and at ease, which we did on how first Saturday 30th Aug. We got to Reedham only to find no moorings due to the duck race, so we went back to Reedham ferry for the night. The ferry soon got full and one of the boat to moor was our sister boat of FireFly from Alpha craft.

Sunday morning left Reedham ferry and headed for Breydon all on time and got across to G/Y dead on time, with the Bure very calm.

Headed for Stracey and breakfast on board, but who should be moored there again, but FireFly. So we moored in front of it.

Next stop, first time is Upton and The White Horse very nice pub and must return another day. To finish the day we moored up at Womack Water.

Monday headed for Sutton, but stop at How Hill for late breakfast, just in time as it rained very hard. Rain eased so we put on our waterproofs and headed for Sutton.

Tuesday, shopping in Stalham, then a little cruise up to Wayford Bridge, no where to moor. So we headed back to Neatishead for the night, with dinner at the White Horse. Food was very good.

Wednesday, back to Ludham Bridge for the tide and then over night at South Walsham. 

Thursday, onwards for Ranworth for a couple of hours. Headed to The New Inn Horning for overnight.

Friday, from Horning to Wroxham. We arrive at the Wroxham Hotel at 14:00 all booked before we had left home. Fridays of our first week is always showers and washing of our dirty washing. Good place for all this in one place.

Saturday, Ian had Jason and his family ( someone from work ) on the boat for the day. We left Wroxham at 10am and a slow cruise to Thurne for lunch. Back to Wroxham to drop Jason off. Ian and I headed back to The New Inn Horning for the night.

Sunday, headed back down the Bure to go back over Breydon, but first we moored at The Ferry Inn Stokesby for lunch.

Monday, we had been moored up at Herringfleet over Sunday night. Monday morning we headed for dear old Beccles, great market town.

Tuesday, left Beccles for Oulton Broad. Here our boat hock broke, so we had to buy a new hock. It had lasted for five years. We got a train to Lowestoft, just for a couple of hours. Dinner in the Waverney.

Wednesday, headed for Loddon to see Graham and then cruised back up the river Chet to Hadley Cross for the night.

Thursday a good cruise up to Norwich and shopping more money.

Friday, no not Friday back to Brundall, but first Surlingham Ferry House for lunch. Then back to base. Dinner at The Yare.

A good night sleep last night on the boat.

Regards

Marina    :Stinky

• Like 2

Only Just spotted this, she is a cracking looking boat and the photos are stunning, thanks for posting Marina,   :clap  

Grace

Hello Grace, she is a great boat :kiss​ and that is why Alan likes going out on her, but once he has his own boat up on the broad he won't want her. Of course if we were up there at the same as him and Dave then it may be time to meet up for lunch or dinner  cheers or of course he may ran a mile not to be seen with the old folks  :mouse: only  joking Alan. 

Kind Regards

Marina    :Stinky

• Like 2

ok we will have to let him off!! I need to order some names soon so I'll try and match the font for you and order on my list.. early Christmas pressy (See how good I am to them!!)

We got our names from Brian Ward and Paul from Alpha craft put them on. Your dad a no no at that. So what do you want me to do buy / pay for the names? How about your SSR number also?

Mum  :Stinky

We got our names from Brian Ward and Paul from Alpha craft put them on. Your dad a no no at that. So what do you want me to do buy / pay for the names? How about your SSR number also?

Mum  :Stinky

(sorry all I do feel a bit guilty using the forum like this!).. No I'll order orcas at some point.. We will chat on the phone at some point ;)