Navigation lights

xmas2 Barry! I'm a bit lost, do you have existing Nav lights? or are you fitting new ones from scratch, either way it's not that a hard job, This diagram shows you how it's done but disregard the cable gauge and the fuses it says use, and put them on a seperate fuse (not sure what amp fuse it is offhand), you'll need to get the correct gauge wire to suit your new lights, I think if it's single cables it's 24/0.30 and if it's twin cable it's 2x 24/0.30, personaly I prefere single cables, I think Antares and a couple of others recommend the marine tinned cable,, the actual switch will need to be on your dash somewhere, you may even have a spare on there you can use, as you can see barry it's not rocket science, just work out your cable routes first, cos hiding cable is the hardest part on a boat,,,

Frank,,,

post-132-1367134610_thumb.jpg

xmas2 Barry! I'm a bit lost, do you have existing Nav lights? or are you fitting new ones from scratch, either way it's not that a hard job, This diagram shows you how it's done but disregard the cable gauge and the fuses it says use, and put them on a seperate fuse (not sure what amp fuse it is offhand), you'll need to get the correct gauge wire to suit your new lights, I think if it's single cables it's 24/0.30 and if it's twin cable it's 2x 24/0.30, personaly I prefere single cables, I think Antares and a couple of others recommend the marine tinned cable,, the actual switch will need to be on your dash somewhere, you may even have a spare on there you can use, as you can see barry it's not rocket science, just work out your cable routes first, cos hiding cable is the hardest part on a boat,,,

Frank,,,

Thanks,Frank,Yes it will be a new fitting just bought the set as you say the difficult bit will be hiding the cable runs,yes i have a spare switch on the dash i could connect to,also it could be easier to fit the stern light seperately so as to use less cable around the boat with a seperate switch.would not use the lights very often but it gives you an option if its getting dark and you over run on time.I will also need a searchlight type of lamp to see where i am going.

Barry, Is this for the boat you are going to keep in our marina???

If so and you are not in a immediate rush to fit them for a month or so I will gladly help you fit them when I'm next up to the boat for a few days. Ive got all the tools for the job in my shed on the boat. xmas4xmas4xmas4

No,Pete that has already got them as standard its for our old broads cruiser which is a lot bigger,thanks anyway,have a good christmas,see you in the new year. xmas6cheersbarcheers

Sorry Barry, can't help with the question, but - at the risk of hijacking your thread temporarily - I want one of these for rowing back from the pub: http://marinestore.co.uk/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=NT6250&Category_Code=caps-hats&Store_Code=mrst

Ha,Ha,very good Bruce,as you say only good for rolling back from the pub in your dinghy,

Will see you on the sunday on the photo shoot as i am only an amatuer as are most people should be good to see how the pro's do it instead of like me willy nilly.

:grin::grin::grin:

Sorry Barry, can't help with the question, but - at the risk of hijacking your thread temporarily - I want one of these for rowing back from the pub: http://marinestore.co.uk/Merchant2/merc ... _Code=mrst

Dont think it would be much use if you are in the habit of using oars, if you face backwards then the lights are the wrong way round. xmas3