Tourism Awards

JennyMorgan

I think the most important thing with awards is to be transparent regarding the number of votes cast in each category.

I couldn't see any stats on the site but I confess I only gave it a cursory glance.

I wouldn't expect there to be any stats until after the event in case it influences the way people vote. 

They are judged by a panel you have to enter to be shortlisted 

we had a good result last year  :)

2014 Winners and Finalists

Best Broads Holiday Experience, sponsored by Wroxham Miniature Worlds.

Richardson’s Leisure in Stalham.
Judges noted the impressive work undertaken at the Stalham marina and the “massive investment in new boats”. They also highlighted “the attention management paid to every element of the customer’s journey from initial telephone call through to their actual holiday”.

There have been a number of changes too to the other awards that often get slated here. Votes are now being taken from at least two well-used facebook group pages too, opening the voting up to a much wider audience than before. 

With people voting publicly, there is now a good deal of transparency to the system.