Illegal fishing

JennyMorgan

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/disturbing_pictures_emerge_of_otters_drowned_in_illegal_broads_nets_1_4116979

Poor old otters, and similar sympathy for the fish. I have, on several occasions, snagged illegal nets with either my anchor or my fishing lure. Really don't know why netsmen risk loosing their expensive nets just so they can catch coarse fish, fish that are no great delicacy however well cooked.

Do you know which River they were on Peter?

dave

No, and am not convinced it is actually the Broads this time, even though the EDP suggest that it is. I do know Steve Lane, his area of responsibility goes well outside Heaven on Earth and up onto the Fens. However, it does happen, seen it with my own eyes..

It's happened on the gt.ouse and tributaries before and was put down to eastern europeans, I think it is just about cheap food rather than catching a delicacy.

Such a shame to see otters caught in it, the gt.ouse one also caught a couple of young otters that drowned in the net and was found when unwrapped from a boat propellor.