Another little piece of Chelsea history

The Chelsea girls became the first to win the ladies FA Cup today at Wembley.I saw most of the game I was impressed with Aluko she set up the goal and with a back flick almost set up another.

Our boys were the last team to win at the old Wembley,lets hope the men do the same tomorrow.

Come on the blues.

Ian :dance  cheers

• Like 1

Our boys were the last team to win at the old Wembley

actually, Germany were the last team to win at the "old" Wembley stadium, beating England 1-0 on the 7th of October 2000 with a goal by Dietmar Hamann, the last goal to be scored at the old stadium. IIRC that was Kevin Keegans last game in charge.

As for tomorrow I never attached any importance to the Charity Shield, now it has lost the Charity aspect it matters even less. Not sure Chelski have any strikers good enough to beat that Petr Cech bloke though, damn fine keeper he is. Whoever wins I shall probably find something more interesting to do, like watching paint dry or counting rain drops on the kitchen window.

• Like 1

I see from the BBC website that my prediction was spot on, Chelsea could not breach the defences. Told you that Mr Cech was very good. Now who did he used to play for?

That ends a miserable pre season for Chelski, played five, won none. Sadly it's only pre season and it rarely has any relevance to the league season. I can sense Mr Abramovich getting a little twitchy though. It's only a matter of time until he sacks Jose ...... again.

• Like 3