Sterndrive / Leg Question

Hi

Been speaking to a few others about this question and some people suggest raising the legs out of the water everytime we leave the boat, and some say makes no difference. From early spring - end oct/nov we use her most weekends. This coming winter will be the first with this boat but will be winterised by a marina.

Would anyone here have any kind advice / opinions
cheersbar

Thanks

I'd say unless you can get them 100% out the water then it does no good.. Certainly if the anodes are therefore out of the water (with a bit still in) as then there's nothing protecting them. Best to leave in but well maintained and adequately protected with anodes.. (Alloy anodes that is and no Magnesium like we did :huh:

:)cheers 

Have always left them down and in the water after getting them winterised.

I would be very surprised as Alan says that you can get the whole leg out anyway - I have never seen one like that.

I would also be worried about damaging the bellows as they would be at full stretch for a few months which could weaken them.

Whether she is in use or winterised I would always leave them down, unless she bottoms out!

• Like 1

He he he, the advise is for the bayliner, we have our eye on 2 boats, but would obviously need the sale on the bayliner before we can move:naughty: so my lips are sealed:taunt:

As said in previous posts if the bayliner doesnt sell we will be keeping her, and thats why I still need to give her the care an attention she deserves, because she is mint:bow

If/when we sell I will miss it. I've always loved the style of them, and it does have alot of features for the value, I already have 2 new solid teak tables ordered and some new toys just incase we keep her:naughty: the mrs thinks I'm crazy, but I keep telling her its just my hobby:swordpir:

• Like 1