Propeller

The propeller on my Yamaha 9.9hp 4 stroke outboard has seen better days and I'm looking to replace it.

It pushes my Norman 18.5ft and I know you can get different pitches and high thrust etc. but I don't know enough about them to make a decision.

Can anyone advise me on what I need?

Regards.
Mark.

I changed to a four bladed prop on my 15 HP on a 20` boat, kept the revs within the engine guide lines and gave much better control at lower speeds and in reverse. It can be a minefield if you are considering changing pitch or diameter but loads of info available. Rule of thumb is if you increase the pitch by 1" you drop the maximum revs by 500 rpm and the opposite if you decrease the pitch.

Four blades gives much better lower speed handling with no loss of top speed. Ideal for rivers and low speed limits.

I got it from Steel Developments (on the web) they were very helpful and informative.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...