Oulton Broad Gala Day

JennyMorgan

Thanks JM. We will be coming by car with the two pension muggers. (Grandchildren)

Used to come many years ago to watch the speed boat racing. During the Rooster days, which shows you how long ago it was. Other members of the family have attended regularly of late and all have said that it is a jolly good day to be had by old and young alike.

I really do feel for the organizers, the exhibitors and the fair. It is devastating to have this two years on the trot but I have to ask whether continuing to charge £6 at the door when the weather conditions suggest that people are unlikely to stay more than an hour is a wise business decision?

Maybe if the price had been dropped to £2 per person people would have been more inclined to don a coat and support the event for an hour. At least some money would still have been raised.

In reality the price had been dropped to £3.00. We went over to the park just after three o'clock and just walked in, there was no one on the gates to take our money and very clearly things were already winding down, we didn't stay long.

Personally I think the price was too high anyway. Two adults and two children, £14.00 plus whatever is spent on the stalls, dear old day out for many families. That said, the fireworks alone are normally worth that!

Edited by JennyMorgan