A windy trip down river.

Polly

We took Brilliant off to her winter berth yesterday. What a choice of day! Rain and very cold winds made the motoring run a bit of a penance, but still very beautiful. Almost the only folk afloat were pike anglers who must have been suffering for their sport. 

Many of the trees were still in leaf, but Salhouse was a picture, shores carpeted in autumn leaves and no boats at all on the mooring, which was a thing we had never seen before.

We met up with Doug at the boatyard, and he kindly gave us a lift back with a very pleasant detour including a coffee at The Swan in Horning.  Thanks Doug. :)

I hate laying up for the winter! Not least because of the chore of finding storage at home for the stuff we have brought back, the living room this morning looks like an auction house before the sale. :( oh well best get stowing..... Now where will I put a complete set of kitchen equipment? ........

• Like 5

I know the feeling, we manage to have two of everything - so each time the caravan goes in for a service (the dealer insists on it being emptied first), the garage is full of boxes and various other must haves.

I have also started to something similar with MS - so eventually we could possibly have three of everything.  Heaven help if we ever have to sell our share.

SueH

• Like 1