More new boats

RayandCarole

Well its not exactly a new idea, Geo Smiths with their fleet of Sheerlines did it successfully for years as have NBD, Herbert Woods and Barnes, I think Richardsons might now have some of the Sheerlines from Smiths, Ferry Marina already have some picnic boats this would seem to just be an addition to the fleets and as with all new builds they should be an improvement on the existing boats.

For families or groups particularly those staying in cottages planning a whole day out rather than a trip to the pub having toilet facilities and the ability to make a brew etc would be very attractive and be more enjoyable than the run about type of dayboat, there are various levels available to suit everyone, you pays your money and takes your choice but I am sure Len Funnel wouldn`t undertake anything unless he had a market for it.

Fred

These new boats are re-works of the existing 27 moulding, I believe. 

It is a nice looking boat both internally and externally. 

Price points are key to many things, but as an operator, I can categorically state that Day Boats are in far lower demand than a day cruiser. Too many people want what they see as the luxuries of a cruiser over a day boat, but also in my experience less than half actually use the facilities on offer; however, many they remain prepared to pay for them. Freedom pod falls somewhere in between day boats and day cruisers in both facilities and, crucially price. 

Ferry has space and facilities to build these boats, but less capacity now that Hardy is no longer part of the Funnell group. Ferry has already built some of these for holiday hire, don't forget. 

It's great to see some more development in the day hire arena which has been lacking for some years. As already pointed out HW also has developed a vessel.