More new boats

RayandCarole

2 minutes ago, LondonRascal said:

Very nice, not to forget that Herbert Woods are also building these 'picnic' boats in a similar (but to my eye less attractive) design as Ferry Marina are.

The larger question is, why does the humble day boat need this level of opulence?

Probably for the same reason that hire boats 'need' whirlpool baths etc etc !  Not 'needed' but demanded (by some.)

Be interesting to see the day rate.

Seeing as the current fleets largest day boat starts at £146 a day (and they are both smaller) I wonder if this will be priced out of the market?

And this is my opinion taken from what I have seen, your average day boat hirer is not going to want to part with a lot of wedge, even for a very smart looking day boat. And I wonder how long they will stay smart looking?

Sorry for a bit of negativity, but they will get trashed IMHO. Bear in mind many a day boat hirer will have more than likely zero experience.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Baitrunner said:

Be interesting to see the day rate.

Seeing as the current fleets largest day boat starts at £146 a day (and they are both smaller) I wonder if this will be priced out of the market?

And this is my opinion taken from what I have seen, your average day boat hirer is not going to want to part with a lot of wedge, even for a very smart looking day boat. And I wonder how long they will stay smart looking?

Sorry for a bit of negativity, but they will get trashed IMHO. Bear in mind many a day boat hirer will have more than likely zero experience.

Zero experience and a belly full of beer!!!!!!!!!!!

Vaughan - 27' for 12 people seems fine. Probably 9' or 10' wide as well.

Not sure the cost thing is an issue either - nice to go out on boats with your friends and /or 2 families and with that in mind a price of £200 / £250 a day probably OK. How much is it to take 12 people to the Pleasure Beach?

Think its an interesting little development - If you never try new ideas......!   Limited scope i guess but people are tending  to the more posher boats!! Look at the river these days.

Or I could go over the park with a picnic for a tenner?

I agree with Marshman it's good to see new developments and yards trying new things and I hope they do well - I'm just too old and cynical.

I like to think if someone hires a nice shiny boat they will take a bit more care of it - problem is I have seen too many people who don't give a fig as it's not theirs.

Maybe we need to get into the CDW debate again?

43 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

An adult ticket for a D grade game at Carrow Road is £30. For an A+ game it is £60. All for just 90 minutes.

What is a D game and what is an A+ game please? I support Norwich City from afar so don't know these things. I could make more comment on the way things are currently going for the team but that could start a whole new debate!!

11 minutes ago, vanessan said:

What is a D game and what is an A+ game please? I support Norwich City from afar so don't know these things. I could make more comment on the way things are currently going for the team but that could start a whole new debate!!

I have not got a clue (I am a rugby fan) I was simply making a point re cost of leisure activities. I got it off their web site, I suppose an A+ is Chelsea or Man U and a D game is Wroxham. Or it might be the seconds or youth side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

In simple terms, an A game would be against Man Utd and the likes .

a D game could be against a lower league team in the cup etc. B & C on a sliding scale. It's all about demand, a bit like high season , low season.

The last time (I think) Donny played them was at Carrow Rd, I went (Via the train from 'B.A' at Hoveton) the game was far from 'D' rated and a draw was the result, what I particularly  remember was after the game how friendly the Canary fans were with us in our Donny scarves in the local bars

Griff

I jest Griff. In the immortal words of Manuel "I know nothin" where football is concerned. 

I come from a long line of Rugby players, went to a rugby school, both my sons were county players. I enjoy watching some football but don't understand the finer points of the game.

This year we hope to Moor at potter and get a day boat going up to Hickling etc.Sadly Sweet kingfisher  is to big to go through .In fact not managed  to do so for many years.The point  I am making  is we just ed want a basic boat no loos or cooker we can use the pub.When you see most people  on day boats there are a mixed bunch,I would think there is a market for top of the range day boats but feel it is a limited  market.Lets wait and see

On 2/11/2016 at 4:23 AM, ChrisB said:

I jest Griff. In the immortal words of Manuel "I know nothin" where football is concerned. 

I come from a long line of Rugby players, went to a rugby school, both my sons were county players. I enjoy watching some football but don't understand the finer points of the game.

Are there any finer points in football?

1 hour ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

This year we hope to Moor at potter and get a day boat going up to Hickling etc.Sadly Sweet kingfisher  is to big to go through .In fact not managed  to do so for many years.The point  I am making  is we just ed want a basic boat no loos or cooker we can use the pub.When you see most people  on day boats there are a mixed bunch,I would think there is a market for top of the range day boats but feel it is a limited  market.Lets wait and see

That might be the reason why they`re only making 3 Ian?.