Oh Dearest Geeks, Please Keep The Answer Simple.

As many of you know, I'm on Windows 10 but I frequently use IE8 (or one around that area) I think I'd be happier using Google Chrome if only to stop the constant requests for me to do so However...

On IE8, if there's a website I use often, I can put a shortcut to it on my normal screen. This shortcut manifests itself as an Icon which I can just click on and off to the site I go. Simples. To create this shortcut I right click the mouse whilst I am in the site concerned, and IE8 gives me the option of creating a shortcut. It then asks if I want an icon in my desktop. I answer "yes" and Bingo, shortcut on desktop achieved.

What I want to know is how do I do that on Chrome or even Edge? Any helpers please.

Hi John

If you right click on your Windows Desktop then click NEW then choose SHORTCUT you can create a shortcut to any website, file, photo, location you wish by pasting the link in the box or browsing to the file or folder you want to open. 

This is a Windows setting and not the chosen browser.

You can change your default browser to Chrome from your settings (from the start button)

I can do some screen captures to show you later on tonight when I have a bit more time if you need me to