Staying On

addicted

Just want to say a big thank you to all of you who have so kindly sent me messages of support. I couldn't possibly think of running out on you now could I? We need to all pull together to make this forum the friendly place it was and make it plain none of us will tolerate rudeness aggression or bullying and that all our opinions are valid and we are free to express them without being called names or bring subjected to sarcastic rhetoric. Although I can't be sure of course I strongly suspect that in all probability our poisonous troll who has caused so much alarm  will turn out to be some geeky little no mark who is about as frightening as a garden gnome. When I was in the telephone service we had for months been p!argued by anonymous obscene caller whose turn of phrase was really frightening, we telephone operators managed to arrange for him to be caught and he proved to be a 14 year old spotty bespectacled schoolboy! I' m frankly more concerned about the people on here who are less than user friendly if one dares to ho!d a differing opinion. I have no intention of leading my life according  to the rules laid down in that well thumbed vo!ume "the Life and tTmes of my Grandad! And I doubt that any of you subscribe to that old toffee either!  Best foot forward.

Carole

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Good decision Carole. I hope thingamybob is still somewhere in the background and will reconsider too. 

Just a thought. If something is said that someone doesn't agree with or doesn't like, it may be better to reply in a more general way rather than a direct reply to the member involved. I think there is less chance then of causing offence.  :default_beerchug: Of course if you know the person concerned well, go for it!!

• Thanks 1

I checked Thingamybob's profile a coup!e of days ago and he hadn't logged on since he announced his departure. So it seems he was as good as his word. I'm sure if he had received messages such as I did we could have persuaded him to reconsider. It was his departure that upset me more than anything else really as he received that horribly rude post because he echoed my sentiments. And what is continuing to infuriate me is that that the individual who posted it must be aware of what she's done and has made no attempt at reparation  on the forum

Carole

Well I'm glad your staying Carol and I really hope Bob has a change of heart too , life is short too short in fact , trust me I used to to get so wound up over certain people and thankfully they aren't here but its very easy to let people get to you , nowadays I've found here and as much as iv said this before many times its a breath of fresh air compared to what I had to endure simply for having a different opinion or approach to a situation.

This forum need good strong membership as much as a good administration team it need both one without the other doesn't work , and therefore like I said I'm glad your stopping and I hope Bob does too .