Sign in to follow this  
Guest biggles999

tall toilet wheres step !

Hi Everyone, just a few lines to let you know all is well with "Tango" in as much as a boat can be well, I,m after Clive here really, question ** on Tango the toilet is a long way off the floor ie you need to be six foot tall to reach the floor if sitting, Im five foot six so I have a real problem, I presume there would have been a step that you placed on the floor to raise yourself if in need !! Any Idea's Clive ?

Try a small plastic stool, the sort of thing children use to reach hand basin with. Be gratefull if your verticaly challenged you can always use a stool, but at 6'2" i can rarely stand fully upright on peoples boats and it can be quite tricky getting down tight lockers, bilges and engine rooms!

Biggles my man, I have a rather fetching pair of high heels that the Mrs. no longer requires. I found they go well with cords, jeans and my jim jams, i could be persuaded to part with them, unfortunately she's stretched them to a size 12 but i pad them out with a couple of pairs of footie socks, i could let you have them at a reasonable cost if you think it'll help. but no hopping off to moor up in them and deffo no pub ;)

Yes well worth the effort to get the ergonomics sorted out as close to "home" as possible.

In past years various strange hire boat configurations often caused my b*m department to go strike for the duration of the hols. :shocked

Thanks for comments, I would suspect there was a wooden platform of some kind which dropped onto the GRP base and so lifting the floor level to a normal height, I was hoping Clive would have memory of it as he says it is a weird floor shape. it couldnt possibly have gone out on hire the way it is at present !