Meet Charlie

Saturday night Ian and I had dinner at The White Horse, Chedgrave after leaving the guy's at Salhouse Broad with the Spring Meet. The White Horse restaurant was fully booked, so we sat at a table in the bar cheers. The place was very busy, but the staff were great and ensured we were looked after for our meal :bow. Great meal. This is where we met Charlie and we had meet Charlie before when we were with Alan and Dave (JawsOrca).

This is Charlie IMG_0190.JPG

As you can see Charlie is really a cute dog, but be loves people who eat in the bar and me / us being big softies could not say no to him:norty:.

We passed another pub in Loddon up the far end called "The Angle", has anyone been in there? We were told the owner is the same as "The Kings Head" in Loddon.

Regards

Marina :Stinky

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, SweetKingfisher1 said:

We passed another pub in Loddon up the far end called "The Angle",

Hi Ian,

The Angel was one we often climbed the hill too. That way, it was a nice stroll downhill, later. It was used by the local fire brigade for their darts matches.

cheersIain

• Like 1

The White Horse is a great pub, staff are really friendly. Think we might have met Charlie last year.

We always go to the Angel when at Loddon, the beer is well kept and very reasonably priced and they always have at least one Humpty Dumpty beer on.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, BroadScot said:

Hi Ian,

The Angel was one we often climbed the hill too. That way, it was a nice stroll downhill, later. It was used by the local fire brigade for their darts matches.

cheersIain

Hi Iain, sorry but it's not Ian, it's the other half :smiley-angry047:.

Ok may be we should have a look next time we are in Loddon. I just hope Ian can walk up the hill without getting out of breath, but if there is beer at the top he may just do it cheersbar. Who loves u baby :love.

Regards

Marina :Stinky

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

The track Iain mentions comes out at the side of the Kings Head if memory serves. 

Sounds about right, Howard. Police station or bank used to be next to the gate I think. With my old legs being what they are, I have not been up the hill for a few years.

When the Swan was just a pub, we won the quiz there several times - it does help with two teachers in the team - on our return to Astons on our last evening afloat.

cheersIain

• Like 2