Our 2016 Days Afloat

As most on here will know we have had a few issues with Lady P over the last 12 months.

Well this weekend we have eventually managed to use her after a top end engine rebuild (just about) and a total refit of the lining carpet and upholstery inside.

we arrived around 11:30am on Saturday and put up the curtains on the new rails I had fitted. Then sat and had a bite to eat before starting her up and heading on our way around 2:30. We had no real destination in mind but headed towards the WRC for her first run in anger. 45 minutes later after a gentle run down at 1500rpm, which is around 4mph on Lady P, we arrived at WRC only to find it packed. It looked like a Hampton Safari club had book the moorings for the night so no room. Some of the Hamptons looked lovely and in the party spirit with bunting flying from most.

A quick discussion and seeing as Lady P was behaving we decided to head for Beccles. An hour and a half later we arrived at the yacht station which had plenty of room. Then I thought lets go on and spent the night at the locks inn. Through the bridge we went and on to the most scenic part of the Waveney. As we arrived at the pub the moorings were full. A little disappointed we turned and headed back to the yacht station. 

We moored up around 18:30 and after sorting a few bit out we took a walk in to the town and had an 'OK' meal at the Kings head. Being a Wetherspoons you will only ever get what I call 'ding' food (anything that can be cooked or heated in a microwave). After we had eaten we took a slow stroll back to the boat and sat out with canopy open and had a nice relaxing drink on a lovely pleasant evening. 4hrs cruise with no issues, we are starting to gain a little confidence back in the old girl.

Woke up about 7:30 on Sunday morning. Breakfast and the normal morning bits out of the way we were on the way back up the Waveney by 9:30. A pleasant cruise back to the marina took us about 3hrs but we were in no rush. 7hrs cruising over the 2 days and we enjoyed every minute of it. It is so good to be back out again. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 10

Thanks all, 

are you down in September this year deebee? If so will you venture south?

we are going to use her now Alan, Hyacinth, sorry I mean Deb, will now happily sleep on her since the inside has been done and the cruise at the weekend certainly helped give us a bit of confidence in her again. 

I may even have to go up Saturday for the day while Deb is working and take a cruise down to Oulton Broad YS and say hello to the rowdy lot from here if I can bribe someone in to coming along for the ride :rolleyes:

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, LadyPatricia said:

I may even have to go up Saturday for the day while Deb is working and take a cruise down to Oulton Broad YS and say hello to the rowdy lot from here if I can bribe someone in to coming along for the ride :rolleyes:

Well friday will be longest single cruise weve done on Bound2Please since weve had her............... Hope to meet you there Steve

Charlie

• Like 1