richardson's

Guest Jonny

Hi Jonny, sorry i havent got any of Diamond Gem, but i did find a very nice Richardsons boat by the name of Supreme which was newly refurbished last year with all mod cons :dance

Julz :wave

Hi Julz yer we did look at supreme but the date we wanted had been booked but the layout of diamond gem suits us well just wanted to see what shes like inside.

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice

Hi Everyone

well you will be all glad to know after nearly 19 years with Herbert Woods for the first time we have decided to try another yard which is Drum Role PLEASE!!!! :dance:dance

Richardson's on Diamond Gem a nice big Bounty Buccaneer from 19th June to 3rd July 2010 so if all goes well for future hire we might end up being long term hirers with Richardson's

Still requesting photo's if you got em please :grin::grin:

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice sliceice slice

I dont know about an inverter Jonny, but she does have 240v power, im also wondering if any of Clive's boats in this range have electric flush loos? :)

Julz :wave

Diamond does have a microwave so i am thinking inverter unless it has shorepower i have discribed the boat to all the VIP's & they love her so are looking forward to our trip.

Jonny,

Just a quick question.

Do you moor at Richardsons.

Why not collar Clive, and I am sure he will let you see inside the boat you are hiring. A lot better than a photo.

cheersbar

good question Geoff Clive has indeed offered we are looking to get down in a few weeks to put curlew up for sale & clean her up. but a couple of weeks is to long to wait :grin::grin::grin:

none of our boats have electric toilets, people put all sorts down them and block the manual type enough. also we have trouble these days with our pump out system getting blocked with wet wipes :mad:

Why not test them with " A pound of mashed up Dundee cake "

post-185-136713594756_thumb.jpg

Hi Mark,

I thought they did. Most of the ones we looked at for sale did and from having experience of the river water flush types sometimes the water you get is not very clean looking. :cry:

Rod

why all the fuss its not as if your going to use the river water to wash your clothes in its flushing the sh**ter doesn't have to be clean your not going to drink it after. ice sliceice slice

I hope Diamond gem doesn't have the toilets with the pump handles or were going to be in for a fight we hate those types better off with the peddles.

who ever designed those hump handle things whats shooting :lol::lol:

who ever designed those hump handle things whats shooting :lol::lol:

The advantage of the Jabsco pump handle type though, Jonny, is the toilet doesn't have to be mounted directly over the holding tank (neither of mine are), and you don't get the aromatic waft straight from the tank when you open the pedal. The disadvantages though, are that the flushing water that sits in the pipe from the underside of the boat tends to go stagnant after a week of non-use, so stinks like hell the first time you pump the flush handle. I've also had to replace both pump assemblies in the last 2 years to at £70 a pop :o .

Mind you, it is quite gratifying when you win the battle with a stubborn Richard the Third and pump him away :lol:

Mind you, it is quite gratifying when you win the battle with a stubborn Richard the Third and pump him away :lol:

Thanks for that Mark - you've opened up a whole new way of looking at these things for me! :lol:

The advantage of the Jabsco pump handle type though, Jonny, is the toilet doesn't have to be mounted directly over the holding tank (neither of mine are), and you don't get the aromatic waft straight from the tank when you open the pedal. The disadvantages though, are that the flushing water that sits in the pipe from the underside of the boat tends to go stagnant after a week of non-use, so stinks like hell the first time you pump the flush handle. I've also had to replace both pump assemblies in the last 2 years to at £70 a pop :o .

Hi Mark

what i am saying is they could have mounted it somewhere else other than beside the bowl as its not a place realy the larger man wants it to be when your in the crouched position :lol::lol::lol:

I have recently converted to a holding tank toilet and have fitted one of those flexible tanks as a fresh water feed . I wanted fresh water primarily because the river water seemed to stain the bowl more quickly and the fresh water looks cleaner in the bowl. I think another advantage of using a seperate water tank is that if something fails, either human or mechanical, and water escapes through valves ect. it can only empty a tankfull into the bilges but if anything fails to the sea cock of a river fed type whilst you are not in attendance this could be a problem :o

• 3 months later...

Hi fellow boaters

after getting to the yard the days we were there we tried to get aboard Diamond gem to have a look but not the right staff in towards Christmas so we could only have a little look through the windows how ever she does have a nice spanking Nanni :mrgreen::mrgreen:

so if there are any new members who have photo's dont be shy :grin::grin:

Jonny ice sliceice slice

• 3 months later...

after getting some superb shots of Diamond gem from Colin as we were un able to get down i am itching to get back near the water & not long now to wait.

just a couple of questions if anybody has been on these big bounty buccaneers.

if crew run out of space for cloths ect is there any hidden places that you might be able to put some extra.

does the stereo have a connection for ipods?

last one

whats going to happen now with the switch over taking place are the boats going to get free view & signal finders ect?

Jonny ice sliceice slice