Oulton Broad Regatta Next Week.

JennyMorgan

Let us hope not too many suffer damage on the first day. Listened in on VHF CH86 at 07.50 this morning and the unusually deep low is moving away nicely. In fact winds could be a bit on the light side mid week, hopefully a decent sea breeze will kick in with the hot weather forecast.

We watched today and it looked as if great fun was being had by all. Quite a strong breeze at times but nothing overpowering - a few dinghy capsizes, which added to the entertainment. Took some pictures but just discovered I have no cable to move them from camera to laptop.

Lots of white boats, brown boats and Waveneys, but the river cruiser turnout seemed quite low. Loads of oppies and toppers, which was great to see, especially one oppie sailor forcing a topper into stays with a "STARBOARD" yell of stentorian proportions!

Two reefs and storm jibs on many of the few cruisers that were out. Good Force Five at times with a few white tops in the North Bay. Not much wind forecast for today. I haven't toddled over to the yacht club for a snout round yet so whether there are more cruisers there waiting for calmer conditions I don't know.