One For Vaughan?

JennyMorgan

• 2 months later...

King of Hearts up at Wayford on Friday. Although really pleased that she is still afloat and in good condition, I do think the lines her remodernisation are a a little unbalanced. Looks to my eye a little top heavy.

Fred

King of Hearts Wayford MarinaKing of Hearts Wayford Marina

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, trambo said:

Looks to my eye a little top heavy.

You are right Fred, there is something "wonky" about it. She looks to me to have hogged amidships, which may have something to do with the removal of the original cabin sides. The same thing happened to the Ace of Hearts. This is not the present owner's fault, as owners right back in the 80's had already removed the sliding canopy and started putting a shed over the centre cockpit.

There is also something badly wrong at the bow. Have a look at photos I have posted, and that line of port-holes is not the same. I can see evidence of considerable re-planking forward, as the seams have closed up since she was launched. They seem to have changed the shape of the stem somehow, and made the foredeck dip down.

Now of course, a classic boat built for all of the Broads, will only go under Acle bridge and Yarmouth if you're lucky.

Rather a pity really.

• Like 5

On 17 February 2017 at 2:10 PM, VetChugger said:

I had very similar hopes Smellyloo for Sonja Kristina and Julie Driscoll. The delights of testosterone loaded teenage life! Continual disappointment and rejection!

Well I had a crush on Glynis Johns when she played the mermaid in "Miranda".  Her voice was something else...

I don't know why, but I think this was the inspiration for me to take up fishing lol...

image.jpeg