Men Who Stare

Timbo

My better half Ellie described Doug and I as Ewan McGregor and George Clooney recently. At first I thought 'hello...compliments' but no such thing.

My recollection of the day's events are...We had arrived at Martham and RT was suspended from a crane while Doug inspected her and the chaps from Martham brought up the transporter. Gordon joined us and I introduced Ellie to he and Doug. With the social niceties out of the way Doug and Gordon were discussing Royal Tudor and I was trying to learn from their conversation. Doug moved quickly to Royal Tudor and looked at a section of her hull. satisfied everything was OK he stood back again. Royal Tudor, although slightly worse for wear was magnificent. Doug stood back and he, Gordon and I contemplated Royal Tudor's sleek lines assessing the work that needed to be done.

Ellie's recollection as she describes her first visit to Royal Tudor to her Mum and Dad...

"...so there's Doug and Tim and this other bloke and they are just stood for half an hour not saying anything, just looking at the boat. Like Ewan McGregor and George Clooney in that film, only it's the Men Who Stare at Boats not Goats!"

My other half thinks she's witty!

Tim you are just lucky you were not spotted staring at anything else. My daughter once commented that I was looking at some of the passing students while driving, I had to respond with, well just look how they are dressed, skirts up to their armpits, just shocking how they dress nowadays (I think I got away with it). :-)

• Like 2