BA - Landscape & Landscaping Guide

dnks34

err....no.

While I fully expect local planning authorities to employ a policy of 'in keeping' in specific listed areas this I am afraid is a product of having 80% more planners than required in the authority...including the Arch Town Planner in charge! :naughty:

• Like 3

I'm afraid it's a bit of a vicious circle. I've acted as an archaeological consultant to a number of local authority planning departments and private practises. Hell I was married to a planner on one occasion. So I've seen the 'underbelly' of planning.

Planning authorities consult with planning consultants who are the ones who prepare planning applications that the planning authorities then vet. The whole system is a fluid one based on the whims of various petty officials, their personal agenda and who had drinks with whom. The whole machine is financed with large salaries and ever increasing levels of 'gifts', 'favours' and 'soirees'. Everyone from lowly councillors to high level politicians have a finger in the pie. I once questioned why there were twenty cases of top dollar plonk on my credit card bill one Christmas...grease for the planning machinery!

I might be a little cynical...OK I'm a lot cynical... but I find there is a joyous exuberation in watching the agonies on a planning consultants face when you tell them they have nothing to offer that I could possibly ever want.

• Like 2

There is no requirement for the Broads Authority to act as a tourist board so why did they pay for this consultancy report?

http://www.broads-authority.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/756926/Sustainable-Tourism-Strategy-0416.pdf

Much of it is regurgitated information. I agree that to manage the Broads the Authority needs background information but I suspect that sufficient was already available. To my way of thinking this report is both extravagant and unnecessary.  Surely tourism should be the responsibility of a tourist board, the prerogative of the industry that benefits from it.