Yachts Sailing Reggata

Andrewcook

Hi all  this Topic about Yachts Sailing Regattas on Burton Broads  with Blake's  Hired Sailing Crafts as they used to do this every Year in October what has happened to that ? As for the Sailing Yachts they've have almost disappeared  why?  I think it was great going Sailing especially  I've done a bit in a Coypu  Sailing Dinghies on Burton Broads that used to be Hired at Royals Boat Yard that is No longer there now what a shame. It's a different world doing Sailing with nature taking it course going around the Broads but I must admit  going around on the Cruisers is very easy thing to do.  Do you think Sailing Yachts will ever come back to their formal Glory even thou Hunters in Ludham and at Upton still do  them? as there are Small Sailing Clubs using  their Topper Sailing  doing Regattas in Horning including Barton Broads and else where during the Summer months I think?   

Andrew Cook  

O Ouch as that is on the same time of the Ladd's week Cruising on the Broads have to warn Griff of this event taking place. We will have to steer well clear of those Sailing Yacht's on passing. Thank you Chris B as that is good to know that is still going after all these years. Thank  you once again Information and Reply

Andrew Cook

Horning Regatta includes racing for all types of sailing craft except windsurfers and catamarans.

Each day during the regatta there is a race starting at lunch time for sailing cruisers and another race for them around 16:00. Each of these, required this year two or three broads cruiser starts + a production cruiser start. (Production cruisers are yachts that don't meet the Broads cruiser regulations)

Every Club day from march to October, on Black horse broad has sailing cruiser races and the down river races to the pubs at Thurne or Acle are well attended. So that's about an additional 12 race events for them

Then of course there is the Three Rivers Race, in which I think there were 34 Sailing cruisers both Broads and Production that's about 1/3rd of the fleet.

The Horning and Most other broads Sailing clubs do regular races for all sorts of racing from optimists through toppers and lasers to wayfarers. Then on the Keel boats  such as white boats /rebels /yeoman/ brown boats (all around the 20 to 25ft length) then up to sailing cruisers.