Chicken Curry In A Hurry Cooking On The Corsican Part 33

CheshireCat

On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 18:40, CheshireCat said:

This week I attempt to do a Vlog on my own , that's wright my own no one on the camera so lets see how it go's Chicken Curry in a hurry hope you enjoy the Vlog ...

Wouldnt make my own curry from a paste or from a jar.

13 minutes ago, troutman62 said:

Wouldnt make my own curry from a paste or from a jar.

Why ever not? In the years I spent out east, it was the only thing the locals ever used! I mean your proper locals cooking on a fire in a galvy bucket in a back alley. Best curry I've ever tasted!

Paste curries in no way compare to restaurant food. Every variety tastes almost the same thats why i grind my own spices it doesnt take long. I bet the authentic home made pastes you talk about bear no resemblance to a sharwoods or pataks. Superb i bet !!

Troutman62 I also make proper home made curry I roast my spices I grind them up I make my paste I cook the paste out for 45 minutes and then I start on the curry this is often a all day job by the time I make some kind of bread to go with it , but the idea of this vlog is that you can with one pan on a boat make something that is not to bad in about a hour OK it wont be the same but it will be very nice a better than any carry out curry you will get on the Broads and a good deal cheaper ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, troutman62 said:

Merely expressing my culinary preference old boy, sorry you have taken it as a personal affront.

However i dont feel i can apologise to the paste and stand by my criticism of it.

Not at all Troutman62 i'v not taken it as a personal affront far from it , Cooking On The Corsican is all about what you can do on a boat with a limited amount of equipment you can still make delicious food , but no problem I did not take your comment personally , maybe if you watch some of my vlogs you will see what I am trying to do , all the best ... cheers ...

10 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

Not at all Troutman62 i'v not taken it as a personal affront far from it , Cooking On The Corsican is all about what you can do on a boat with a limited amount of equipment you can still make delicious food , but no problem I did not take your comment personally , maybe if you watch some of my vlogs you will see what I am trying to do , all the best ... cheers ...

Same to you mate ! Keep up the good work.

• Like 1