Tide App

JohnK

I’m not sure if I’ve shared this before (always possible with my memory) but even if I have I suspect some of your memories are just as bad as mine and you can’t remember

There are literally hundreds of apps that will give you tide times. But surprisingly not many let you enter a secondary port. So each time you want to know tide times on the Broads you have to check Gorleston and add x hours. Not the most complex maths ever I admit but sometimes it’s nice to see at a glance.

I found this app a few weeks ago that lets you enter up to three secondary ports and see what the tides are (times and neap / spring).

It’s not completely accurate as it doesn’t work on “real” tidal predictions but I find it close enough for me.

This is my screen:

IMG_0307.JPG

This is a link to the Apple app (I don’t know if there’s an Android version)

Tide Clock by Frederic Marchalhttps://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/tide-clock/id303643398?mt=8

I have no connection to the app other than I use it.

• Like 3

I just have a printed tide table from the Shorebase website and thats good enough for me!!

Shows all I want to know without adding bits, for more than enough places in Broadland, sunrise/sunset, Springs and neaps etc 

Doesn't show high tides but always work on 5hrs of flood and 7 of ebb and its never too far out.

In any cases tides cannot even read  so being able to download an app will be hard for them!!

And even better I can just look at the banks and tidal flow - and its only important sometimes, for me to decide which way to go!

John - you should get out more!!!

• Like 2