windlass servicing

Also here is the parts diag. note the bolt on top is not an oil filler though it may look like that DO NOT undo it and shove oil in :grin:

Also you say oil came out of it, that's odd as the royal does not have any oil in it (or shouldn't have) it is lubricated wit GP grease as being hand operated so speed is ever present in the gears.

parts.pdf

yes i've got most of it apart i'm stuck on the brass drive bar (502) thingy at the mo

i have removed the key on the hand winch side (209)

but the one on the wheel side looks like it is half under the big brass wheel bit(491)?

rofl what lovely descriptions hey lol so put the part no hopefully

trouble is all the allen keys are stuck solid as usual

and i gather thats the only way to get it apart

Oh..thats handy ... looks like mine too :grin:

thanks

Wayne

i think my best bet is while wayne isn't looking swap them over :naughty:

good job he knows me hey and you know i'm not a norty boy :norty::lol:

especially after your little offer the weekend :bow

[

i think my best bet is while wayne isn't looking swap them over :naughty:

I seem to be acquiring pieces on my boat not losing them - someone kindly put a little blue fender on my foredeck last week - so if anyone has lost one at WRC it's on Sea Jem and I did not nick it :lol:

Wayne

OK, that's a Lofrans Royal manually operated windlass if ever I saw one, manual in PDF attached.

How's that for service? Do you think you could do the same for me if I posted a picture of mine (windlass that is)?

The same friend who gave you the windlass found out those wiper motors today so if i dont fordet ;) i will bring them at the weekend.

ps. remember to get my spare fob as I cant keep having your one when i forget to bring mine, :grin:

• 1 year later...

it was 6mm there was a tiny 6 stamped inside the gypsy really hard to see and took a while with a magnifying glass to figure out if it was a 6 or an 8

even the wife struggled old age and failing eye sight is not good lol

got some 6mm chain delivered yesterday and it fits a treat can't wait to get the boat painted and start fitting some of this stuff i keep buying lol :)